Founder: Ida Dickson-Kingston
Ida and her sister Angela. Angela manages and coordinates production and Inventory from Ghana.
AfriCoast Patterns is a Woman-Owned and Black-Owned Business founded in the year 2018 by Ida Dickson-Kingston in Colorado.The name AfriCoast is a joint word derived from African Coasts. Our Brand name AfriCoast Patterns represents and identifies with African-inspired Arts, Crafts, Accessories and Fashion made from the beautiful and colorful African prints, Hand crated Batiks and creative Patterns.
We started as a Small Local Business mainly promoting and selling African Arts and Crafts initially sourced from Ghana. We focus on Direct Sales by participating in Craft Fairs, Festivals which is an effective way to interact with Customers and understand their demand and purchasing behavioral pattern in the African Arts and Crafts Industry.
- Member of the Occupation Advisory Committee of the Fine Arts Career Program in the Aurora Public Schools. A program that seeks to give direction and prepare students for the workforce in the Fine Arts Industry.
- Introduction of VICAKRO Collection. A portion of the proceeds from this collection will go towards supporting Single Mothers in Need.
- Support Causes close to our hearts. (Colorado Gives Organization, IRC, Warren Village, Sacred Heart House of Denver...)
- Making a Difference
- Passion and Creativity
- Innovation and Quality
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Women Empowerment
- Respect, Love and Humility
- Faith Based and Growth Mindset
- Customer Commitment and Loyalty
- Positively impact and give back to our Community