Founder: Ida Dickson-Kingston
Ida and her sister Angela. Angela manages and coordinates production and Inventory from Ghana.
AfriCoast Patterns is a Woman-Owned and Black-Owned Business founded in the year 2018 by Ida Dickson-Kingston in Colorado. The name AfriCoast is a joint word derived from African Coasts. Our Brand name AfriCoast Patterns represents and identifies with African-Inspired and Sustainable Clothing, Accessories, Arts, and Crafts.
Our products are all handmade, designed and crafted from the scratch by Artisans based in Africa and the U.S. Our local Artisans in Africa, specifically Ghana, comprise of both men and women who work hard to ensure quality and unique finished products. As an E-commerce, we continue to look for opportunities for growth and innovation and make our products easily accessible to our existing customers and target market in our diverse Communities globally.
To serve as a Pacesetter that inspires, incentivize economically, empower and support our Artisans whilst offering authentic quality and valuable products and services to our Customers through the best shopping experience.
- Member of African Chamber of Commerce Colorado, USA
- Member of the Occupation Advisory Committee of the Fine Arts Career Program in the Aurora Public Schools. A program that seeks to give direction and prepare students for the workforce in the Fine Arts Industry.
- Support Causes close to our hearts. (Colorado Gives Organization, IRC, Warren Village, Sacred Heart House of Denver,...)
OUR CORE VALUES:
- Making a Difference
- Passion and Creativity
- Innovation and Quality
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Women Empowerment
- Respect, Love and Humility
- Faith Based and Growth Mindset
- Customer Commitment and Loyalty
- Positively impact and give back to our Community
2023 - Nominated and Awarded a Certificate at the Annual Business Awards Reception by the African Chamber of Commerce Colorado, USA in the category of "Women-Owned Businesses and for Outstanding Contributions to the African Community in Colorado" https://www.facebook.com/AfriCoastPattern/videos/1888246264846498/
2022 - SHOUT OUT COLORADO BY VOYAGE DENVER MAGAZINE:
2021 - WESTWORD DENVER MEDIA - Holiday Small Business Saturday:
2020 - AN ARTICLE BY FAST COMPANY & MSN - The Hot Fashion Accessory of 2020, Masks, Masks and more Masks:
2019 - VOYAGE DENVER MAGAZINE - The Trailblazers Re-writing the Narrative: